The Council is hosting sessions aimed at land owners across the whole of Somerset, delivered by The Farm Carbon Toolkit, who will provide an introduction and overview of their carbon calculator, helping land owners calculate their holdings carbon footprint, and understanding the results. It will also discuss carbon management of different types of land, key action planning and how to measure and manage changes effectively.
This will form parts of a series of online and in-person events, in partnership with a number of organisations in Somerset, including Somerset Wildlife Trust.
Future topics include:
- Green financing work and future farm resilience
- Assessing grant schemes to achieve environmental outcomes
- Regenerative and Sustainable Farming, focusing on soil health and nutrient cycling.
The first webinar (Sustainable Land Management) will take place on the following three dates:
Wednesday 13 July 2022 – Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/
Tuesday 19 July 2022 – Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/
Monday 25 July 2022 – Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/
Dates for future workshops will be circulated once confirmed.
If you’re interested in attending future events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
UTILITY ENERGY REBATE
As part of the government’s initiative to help households with rising energy costs, a £150 Utility Energy Rebate has been announced for certain households. More information can be found on the MDC website
Most households in council tax bands A-D are included. We urge you to set up direct debit payments for council tax, so we can pay you quickly and easily. Set up a direct debit online now.
Who can get this £150 rebate?
- Most householders in Council Tax band A to D properties will qualify for this rebate.
- The Government has produced a factsheet on these measures.
- If you don’t know which band your property is in, you can find it on your latest Council Tax bill or visit Valuation Office website to check.
- Please be aware second homes and empty properties will not be eligible for the payment.
- There will only be one payment per household.