The Household Support Fund can provide short-term urgent financial help to Somerset residents who are struggling to afford household essentials.
UTILITY ENERGY REBATE
As part of the government’s initiative to help households with rising energy costs, a £150 Utility Energy Rebate has been announced for certain households. More information can be found on the MDC website
Most households in council tax bands A-D are included. We urge you to set up direct debit payments for council tax, so we can pay you quickly and easily. Set up a direct debit online now.
Who can get this £150 rebate?
- Most householders in Council Tax band A to D properties will qualify for this rebate.
- The Government has produced a factsheet on these measures.
- If you don’t know which band your property is in, you can find it on your latest Council Tax bill or visit Valuation Office website to check.
- Please be aware second homes and empty properties will not be eligible for the payment.
- There will only be one payment per household.