SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL HEALTH UPDATE – Click on the date for this week’s update – 4 August
WHO CARES FOR CARERS??? Carers A5 Poster 2022
SOMERSET HEALTH AND WELLBEING ADVISORY NETWORK UPDATE – COVID UPDATE AND OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION (Posted 25 July 2022)
Healthy Somerset website where all the courses we are currently offering can be found, including details of how to book, please follow this link: Somerset’s Mental Health Training Offer – Healthy Somerset
SOMERSET SIGHT (Posted June 2022)- Somerset Sight is a local charity that has been supporting sight impaired people across Somerset for over a hundred years and in 2019 proudly won the Queens Award for Voluntary Service. One of our services is the Volunteer Visiting Service whereby volunteers are matched locally with a sight impaired person for regular visits for company and support and to alleviate their loneliness and isolation. Volunteers help with a variety of tasks such as reading, correspondence, or making appointments, going out for a drive or just a cup of tea and a chat. Many volunteers get great satisfaction and enjoyment from their voluntary work, many friendships are formed and the people they support very much look forward to their visits, some telling us that it is the highlight of their week. Now that we have come out of lockdown, we have many lonely people on our books who would welcome a volunteer visitor, but unfortunately we don’t have enough volunteers to match everyone.
For more information – SOMERSET SIGHT POSTER
- MINDLINE now has a live chat function – Its not 24 hours but will let you know when it is open and closed.
- Open Mental health have launched their website. Here is a link. Please share, add to directories and circulate Somerset’s Mental Health Alliance – Open Mental Health.
- At the heart of our approach to suicide prevention is the belief that suicide is everybody’s business and we all can have a part to play in suicide prevention. After the last two years we know there has been a rising concern regarding suicide and we hope these courses will help build competence and confidence in addressing these concerns. Please follow the link here for full details Every Life Matters – Somerset Events | Eventbrite. New course dates for June onwards will be going up soon so please keep checking the site.
- The national website Every Mind Matters is continually updating and adding new sections. There is an excellent section on coronavirus and wellbeing. Please share, add to websites and encourage people to use as a self-care option.
- R;pple is a new free interactive tool designed to present a visual prompt when a person searches for harmful keywords or phrases relating to the topic of self-harm or suicides. It will intercept and provide the person with ideas for help and support. Please have a look at the website and download the tool. Somerset Library service have installed onto all public facing computers. R;pple Suicide Prevention (ripplesuicideprevention.com)